The other day I found out that one of my friends worked at La Mer- I got really excited and practically pounced on her with everything I ever wanted to know about beauty products. Like, what are the dress code/make-up codes for various brands? Do you get free samples? How is the quality of the hand cream treatment at La Mer?- I think she got slightly scared by my sudden over enthusiasm :P
But the thing that caught my attention and made my ears perk up and my eyes light up the most was the Essence of La Mer that she mentioned, sold only to their VIP and celebs. Personally I've never heard of this product before, but apparently its already been around for a few years. It is a very concentrated version of their cream and what it does is that it heels wrinkles and scars and minimizes pores within a 3 week treatment. I heard it works really well (anyone tried it?). And at over $2000USD, I should hope it does! And if you want to get onto their VIP and VVIP list to give this product a try, be prepared to dish out around $15000 annually at their counter.

Very intriguing. I'm amazed I didn't know about this until now. Though it kind of sounds like the Estee Lauder night treatment thing they came up with last year....come to think of it, La Mer is owned by Estee Lauder. Perhaps some of the Essence of La Mer secrets got passed along to their parent company and got transformed into this relatively cheaper brown bottle at the EL counter?
 
Top